Friday, May 05, 2006

Yesterday:

Run, 6.75 miles/60 mins

Day before:

10 push-press
5 pull-ups
As many as possible in 20 mins (and I completely lost track after about 10-11)

Appx 45 mins controlled drowndation that evening


The distance run was an accident. I thought the laps around my apartment were a lot shorter than they actually are, and my goal was to complete at least 15 laps. I thought I was doing 3.2ish miles. I looked at the time when I was done and realized an hour had gone by and knew something was amiss...I could practically low-crawl that fast...might even have to some day, who knows?

The first 30 mins or so was a really good time with the Lord. He and I had some things to talk over and he let me talk for a good long while. After that, I felt the peace that "surpasses all understanding," and at least aerobically speaking, could have run for miles. I kept to the goal though because I knew that doing the 3 or so miles that I thought I was doing would probably make me sore, and could aggravate my tendonitis. Well, I'm sore, but I don't think the knees are that painful today. I think that if my right calf wasn't constantly tight the tendon itself may not even be bothering me...but there I go pretending I'm a doctor again.

I've officially passed the goal-post for speed training - 30 mins continuous and no less than three miles. I'm really not sure how much intervals I should do since that brings pain like no other. Crossfit usually does pretty good about raising my lactate tolerance levels (and if I'm correct, that tolerance is what slows you down), so I'll probably just stick to that at least for another couple of weeks.

I'm excited...I've lost two pounds (of fat) in two weeks...things appear to be getting better!! Woohoo!

1 comment:

Holly said...

I'm proud of you! Keep up the good work!