Thursday, May 11, 2006

Completely Demoralized

(typed this up yesterday)
I just saw a video on www.af.mil about some tests a squadron was doing with some cool man- toys. Of course, one of the test platforms was an E-3.

Once again, I see a video in the news about the E-3 with no mention whatsoever of the 1A4 career field. Thanks. I actually wanted to see video footage without any hint as to what actually goes on on the back row. I needed to hear more weapons speak. I actually did care what they were talking about.

It gets better. Tomorrow I have to go to work and personally train the new generation of lean, mean, trackball/switch-action/delivery boy AETC trained killing machines. I have to do it with a smiley face and a positive attitude. It's not thier fault I'm bitter. They didn't do anything wrong (that I know of). How can I say to them with a straight face that their job actually matters? That what they do counts? That they will have a successful career doing what they've spent the past few months (maybe years) training to do? How do I not infect them with the discontent, bitterness and downright anger that I feel?

This is a serious battle in my heart. It affects everything I do at work

2 comments:

Kt said...

clicked on the link, but dont know where to go from there.. was trying to see what you were talking about.... hmm- a little help here maybe. I'm sorry your sturglling at work so bad. I will pray for you, I know we may not get satisfaction out of what we're doing at times, but some people do get that satisfaction- it may be right down thier alley of interest. I'll pray for you... I'll talk to you later this weekend. God Bless

Holly said...

I will also pray for you, that God would grant you joy each morning on your way to work and that you would gain a greater sense of purpose in the lives you are investing in. Perhaps this is your mission field, and whether you whole-heartedly enjoy your job or not, God does have a bigger purpose for you being there. I had to seek that persepctive out in my current workplace as well. Hope you have a wonderful weekend brother...