Saturday, May 06, 2006

Where?

Whew.

I feel pretty pointless right now. It's something I've been struggling with for quite a while. In the process of leaving the chapel and trying to find another church home, my opportunities to serve and fellowship have seemingly dried up. I've volunteered at homeless shelters and served in other ways since leaving the chapel, it's just not the same. Serving the Lord with a group of like-minded people is such an awesome thing; it's an expression of corporate worship that just doesn't come out during "wicked cool worship experiences." (Someone please inform the other culture-crap obsessed Christians that wicked doesn't belong in the same sentence as worship.)

Maybe God's just showing me how pointless life can be when I'm not doing the things he's called me to do. I'm not saying that I'm disobeying him...I'm trying very hard not to. No offense, but don't tell me that our peace in Christ is not relative to our work for Christ. Even before Adam and Eve sinned, they were assinged work to do in the garden. The roses just didn't have thorns then. I'm just a little frustrated is all.

Danny

No comments: