Saturday, November 18, 2006

Uncle Rhabdo

Okay, so instead of EDITING the last post, I got lazy and decided I'd rather just make a new one. :)

Total time 3:40:00

Half Marathon Row: 2:00:22

JT + Cals:
40 mins (ish)
I actually got eight handstand pushups. :) Not nearly as many as I used to be able to do but better than none. After I couldn't do those anymore I used 135, 105 and 95 lb barbells to do a one rep push-press or military press (whichever one felt the safest at the time). All dips were assisted.

Total
Swim 500 yards (not meters, my mistake): About 15 minutes or so. I did it in 100 and then 150 yard intervals.
Longest distance: 35ish yards
Two assisted (walls of pool) mask recovery cycles.

As I was transitioning to the underwater portion, I met a new friend. He's about eight years old and had a ball trying to race me down the pool as I did the underwater portion. I'll admit that I had fun, too. :) I thought about ignoring him and pressing on (since it was going to hurt my time), but eh, what the heck, people are more important anyway.

I did have another chance to review the idea that I am really wanting a family of my own. Up until now I've never actually thought about it, to be honest - finding a girl that would put up with me seemed challenging enough. Over the past few months God has revealed to me that women are his business, not mine, and that I'm better off just waiting for His will. As hard as that seems to be, I'm trying, and now the whole "family" idea has to be added to the list, too. That's not as hard though, at least not yet.

I just pray that He gives me the faith and patience to wait on Him and not do something eternally foolish. Adios!

No comments: