Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Ewwww....

Wow, the past couple of days have really been crappy!

At around 10 o'clock Sunday I night I started a four-hour bout with vomiting and diarrhea. Eww. Near the end I was retching so hard I couldn't support myself afterwards. At about two or so I called Katie and asked her to take me to the hospital, and she did. I certainly wasn't about to try and drive myself there, that's for sure.

When we got there, the waiting room was almost empty. They got me a room shortly after arriving. The nurse showed up, did the initial exam, and I waited around to vomit again...afterwards she hooked me up to the IV and I sat there to wait for the doc. As she was going through this she apologized for nearly every time she had to touch me. I thought it was kinda funny, but was also grateful for her consideration. Normally I would have been a little...uh...agitated...because I don't normally like to be touched unless it's someone I trust. By that point I was to far gone to care.

Then the doc showed up. She was cuuuute! Hahah. I had complained about severe abdominal pain (mostly from the retching), so she had to lift up my shirt and poke my belly and back a few times to make sure it wasn't appendicitis or kidney stones or anything of that sort. She didn't apologize for it either...which is probably a good thing, since I nearly told her she could poke me all she wanted. Ha! After that I was shot up full of drugs and didn't remember the next few hours. Poor Katie was there the WHOLE time...trying to sleep in a freezing cold lobby. Why are lobbies always so stinkin' cold?

So, after a while I woke up and the doc came back to give me the results. Which, in short, were no results. They couldn't identify what it was other than a possible food poisoning or infection. Why do I always get the unnamed, unidentified illnesses, anyway?

After she left the nurse came back and shot me full of Loritab and some antibiotics. She told me I needed to start changing again pretty soon because it would knock me out pretty quick. Hahaha!!! I should have changed first. When she left, I started changing in the room...and the door was open!! I heard somebody walk by and realized what the heck I was doing. It was HILARIOUS!!! :P

After that the nurse wheeled me out to the guardian angel on duty and she drove me home. I remember rambling something about Gatorade and 7-Eleven, and maybe a few other things, but that's about it. As soon as I hit the sack I was OUT.

Well, that's my adventure for the weekend. How was yours?

No comments: