Thursday, November 02, 2006

Changing Perspectives

I've been blessed to lead squadron PT a couple of times now, and have noticed a few interesting things.
Of course any PT session I lead is going to be very Crossfittish...none of this "Up, one, up, two," crap. Nu-uh. I've sent out the PT plan to the squadron so nobody gets blindsided by the workouts. (I'm trying to be nice!) Apparently the first time I sent it out people were talking about it for days...thinking I'm crazy or something. In truth, our incredibly hard working and very good-looking UFPM did have to reign me in a couple of times...I can't help getting excited though!!
Some people are genuinely interested. It's totally new to them and they like being fit, so it's an eye-opening experience. Other people could care less. The truly funny, and frustrating, are the ones that see something different and immediately cry "Safety!! That's dangerous!!" Like today, doing an equivalent to box jumps...someone complained about safety. It's a stupid box jump. You jump on the platform. You jump off the platform. How hard is it? Anyway. My ramblings are done for now! Adios.

7 comments:

Kt said...

ha ha-- you can't please everyone you know!! But we do need to accomidate everyone's weakness (as in profiles).. this is just going to have to be a work in progress Danny.. it will get there, and it will be great.. if anything- people on profiles can walk around the gym like children.. a ha ha-- anyway-- We'll talk more about it.. and thanks for the compliment-- though I don't think me being UFPM really has anything to do with mylooks-- ;-) have a good night D.. and I'll talk to you tomorrow! night night

Dr. Dolly (@drdolly) said...

dorks calling "safety" are either the same ones who play IM flag football (try to convince me THAT's any safer), or they're the lazy-bums who consider the 8oz morning coffee their arm-curl and weight-lifting workout for the day!

Jerimiah said...

Are they going to cry "safety" while being shot at?

Dan said...

That's hilarious, Jerimiah! I'm sure they'll try. Check out www.perverted-justice.com and tell me what you think.

Dolly: Ditto. I agree.

KT: I agree. It doesn't mean you're not good looking though. :P

Jerimiah said...

I haven't read real deep, but on the surface it looks cool. I am guessing this is what you were talking about hunting.

Dan said...

Yippers. Didn't mean to sound like a prude when I asked if you knew what I was hunting, though. Sorry about that!

Jerimiah said...

No problem. I didn't take it that way at all. I probably wouldn't have time to do anything like that right now, but I will definately keep it in mind in the future.