Sunday, November 12, 2006

Strong - Sad

Today's WoD was modified from The Seal Quest, which was modified from...you guessed it...Crossfit!

Three rounds for time:
800m run
10 pull-ups
20-push-ups
30 squats

After the WoD I did some swimming. Nothing serious, just playing around more than anything. I ended up doing underwater fin swims for endurance (37 yards total) and one mask recovery cycle (everything on the bottom, packed up - retrieved it, put it on, put it back on the bottom).

I saw a family in the pool, too - husband, wife and son. The son was cute as a button, he couldn't have been more than five or six and was just learning to swim. I watched a little bit and realized that I very much want a son to raise. I almost dove headlong into the pool of depression but realized that if I was supposed to have a family, there would be one...right now God has called me elsewhere. My prayer is that I desire the things He desires, and that I reject the things He rejects, and that He forms me to be in the likeness of His will.

Adios.

2 comments:

Jerimiah said...

Daniel, I am happily married for 8 years with 2 daughters 6 and 2, but not all 8 years have been happy, the first 5-6 were very hard and at many times very unhappy. My wife and I met in Oct 1997 and were married in Aug 1998 with only 4 sessions of premarital counciling, 2 of which were spent trying to convince us to wait longer to get married. They said they thought we should get married, but we needed to wait and get more counciling and preperation. I actually had the pride to tell one of the pastors that "I would probably give somebody else the same advice, but I think we are different". Fortunately we both went in with no exit options and a church that was willing to stand by us and help us even though we went against their wishes. I guess I probably had similar desires that you are now having and they are good and honorable desires, but they will back fire on you if you try to force it to happen. My wife and I are just in the last 2 years starting to communicate and work together and truly be in love. I will be praying for you today brother, seek first and all will be added. I hope this helps.

Dan said...

Thanks!

:)

I'll be praying for ya'll, too. It does help.