Friday, November 10, 2006

MechWoD

Today I realized just how much I'm out of friggin shape. OMW...got to get pushing. At the bottom of the pool today I decided I'd do a type of "triathalon" type thing.

500 yard swim
3 miles run
2000m row

It took me nearly 60 bloody minutes. During the run I had to stop to walk at least four times. Not because my circulatory system was overtaxed, but because my legs were stiff. Like, rock-stinkin-hard stiff. Near-injury stiff. Poop! I can run multiple 1:30 intervals but I can't run three miles straight? Sheesh.
I'm not TOO worried about it though...in a month of steady running (like, one or two miles a day) I'll be able to go on for a good long while. Just gotta get those legs used to the pounding.

On a better note, I saw something VERY encouraging today. As I finished my harvest grain and nut pancakes (YUM! And without syrup, thank you KT!), I saw an elderly guy with his daughter leaving. Coming through the door was another elderly lady using a walker. The guy actually held the door for her! And waited until she got through it! I haven't seen that for ages. Way to go!

2 comments:

Jerimiah said...

Yeah, I would be doing much better if I would get more strict about my diet I would make much better gains. It would be much better if I had a workout partner to kick my butt, I should be able to do it on my own.

Holly said...

I love it when people open doors for others, especially old people! So stinkin' cute!