Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Well, that's life....

G'day.

Today:

10 min warmup row, 1042 meters.

500 meters/135 bench press (supposed to be body weight but I'm a sissy now)
500 meters/30 pushups (no equipment)
500 meters/115 bench press (see above comment)

Drove home and then did about a 2-2.25 mile run. It's 90+ degrees outside, according to this weather site.

I've been especially lazy the past few days. Gonna have to make up for it. Yikes!
Strange things happen to me if I don't work out for more than three days straight (technically I did a run, but it was short and slow, so it doesn't count). I lose my appetite completely. I get cranky and upset. The worst though is that I lose my focus on Christ. Prayer and worship is a part of the workout...If that goes away, many more things are lost than physical fitness.

Not that the walk has been good for a while anyway. This weekend was great, there was plenty of time yesterday to get rested up and relax. Other than that it's been a struggle. I hate being lazy but it's contagious...That whole body of rest thing just kills me.

On the flip side of that, the preacher is saying some interesting things about 1 Peter during the Sunday sermons. He sees a lot of justification for Reformed theology in the first few chapters of Peter. I'm not sure I agree, though it's hard to differentiate between the types of RT, like all-out Calvinism and Lutheran theology (which seems mostly the same but slightly different). I've ordered John MacArthur's commentary to help with this...I'll be going through the same verses the pastor is preaching on throughout the week. Should be a learning experience.

No comments: