Saturday, July 15, 2006

The week is done

Score from yesterday's FGB: 276

FIVE people showed up for the event. Yes! Usually only one or two have the guts to try this workout, but yesterday five people showed up, including one girl! Seeing people get excited about Crossfit just makes my day. As one buddy said..."It's a REVOLUTION!"

I am constantly astounded by the beauty in the world around me. I'm sitting in a coffee shop right now in the middle of suburbia, and there is still evidence of God's creative hands all around me. Across the street there's a little tiny field of flowers, with some trees and grass. They're Oklahoma trees, but hey, today they count! The sky is almost swimming pool blue and there are just enough clouds to look for animals and such. And finally, the contrast of colors between roads, buildings, cars and especially signs fills the window with color.

I'm listening to a David Crowder CD with sound-canceling earphones. It's suprising how much better music sounds with these phones. They're not especially fancy or anything...Just $40 (compared to $250, the next level up), but it's nice. I'm grateful I'm able to sit in a coffee shop to worship and study in a little world of my own for a while. Hopefully I won't start singing or something...That'd be FUNNY!!!

No comments: