Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Of Anger and Sprained Jaws

Well, I'm officially a dufus now. Just in case you couldn't tell. :)
During a workout last week I was concentrating on total body muscle tension and apparently did it so well I pulled my jaw slightly out of joint.

I've been looking at alternative sources of employment today as well. I've looked at SWAT, state police agencies, DoD security contractors, ATF, FBI, DEA and other interesting sounding jobs. One I particularly like had a starting salary of six figures plus I get to serve my country (still). Of course, the six figures include things like getting shot at; but hey, if you live like you're dead what's the point of living anyway?

It's not just the money and prestige that attract me, though it is money and prestige. Six figures, four times, equals a pretty good seminary education. One can only hope...and hope...and hope....

All I needed is your love,
Come and fill this heart o'mine
My heart is a desert that has gone dry,
I need your love to carry me on by

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
(Heb 11:1)

No comments: