Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Humility and Pain Relief

G'day.

Since I did Monday's WoD yesterday, I tried yesterday's WoD today. Oh, it was pitiful! I only got through 3.25 reps before pain (the injury causing type) nearly stopped my back from functioning. For a while I could hardly bend at the middle. Talk about humbled. Small weights with hardly any reps to speak of. Sheesh. Oh well, I needed it anyway.
I really dislike the fast WoD's with more than, oh, about 45-70 lbs or so. I get so excited about performing high reps that my form goes out the window and days like today happened.

However, at my apartment there is a little pool. It's six and one-half feet at the deepest and about 30 feet long. I read on a weightlifting website (cruising around from the Crossfit site) that a coach always tells his athletes to rest in the pool for a while, so that's what I did. It's great. No more pain in the lower back.

No comments: