Sunday, October 29, 2006

Decompression

My God, it has been one traumatic weekend.

I encountered sin yesterday that left me dry heaving and seriously pissed off. It wasn't my sin. Oh no. Not mine at all.

After everything was said and done, I was sitting at Denny's trying to eat something and do a Bible study, but it wasn't going well until I almost wept right there in the middle of a restaurant. After that I realized that I needed to focus and so I could finish the study and the food, and did so, and just barely managed to keep my food down. Just barely.

Good Lord...what a life changing experience. I am forever changed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan,
I know what you mean. Sin is disgusting! In Genesis, before the flood account, it says that sin filled God's heart with pain. Yeah, there are the sickening, visible sins that we see in Denny's and other public places. But what about the "lesser" sin, the sin that I feed and care for in my own heart? I think both categories of sin make God choke on his food. . .Thanks for your post!

Dan said...

Brandon,

I totally agree...don't know why I didn't say it in the post, but one reason I was so sick is because I know that what I saw could very easily have been me. Only God's grace has kept it from being so. Thanks for the post! :)