Saturday, June 10, 2006

Learning

G'day!

Right now I'm pretty much wasting time until I can wake up enough to study the Word a little bit before the activities of the day begin. I don't like to read much of it before I'm awake enough to comprehend what I'm reading...I feel like I'm disrespecting God to just skim over it and not give it the attention it deserves.

I've learned a lot (or it seems) about myself this past week/weekend. Normally, I don't get so excited about myself, but the learning curve is a steep one this time. I read from somewhere (Maybe C.S Lewis, G.K. Chesterton, or one of those fellows) that focusing one's learning on oneself is more dangerous than it is beneficial...We should keep our attentions focused on Christ, on the Lord God of the Bible, and let him reveal to us where we stand in relation to him. I agree. There's nothing wrong with self-reflection from time to time, and I don't think whatever author wrote that was saying there is, the difference is keeping your main focus on the Lord.

Last Friday, I ran 5.23 miles and did a killer workout afterwards. Saturday and Sunday I rested. Monday-Wednesday I worked out seven times; I ran, swam, and did Crossfit. I don't think I've ever pushed myself physically like that before. After doing that, doing a five mile run seems so easy on reflection. I've been resting the past couple of days, but now it's time to start again. I doubt I'll be doing the three-a-day routine but I'll get in a good one nonetheless. I've got swimming lessons later today, plus Crossfit, and I'm thinking about going and doing some mountain biking down at Draper (where all the dead bodies are). Nothing to serious, it's just fun and falls into the "sport" category of Crossfit (check the free issue on the website if you're unsure of what I mean). I'm so thankful to the Lord for giving me a healthy body. Life is fun!

Well, there's a little bit more but I'm awake now, and the Word is calling my name. Adios. Oh, Steve, I haven't forgotten about your comments... ;)

No comments: