Thursday, June 15, 2006

Just another name? Just another face? Just another Hero!

What a powerful message...Go to Crossfit's site and read the comments. Today's WOD is dedicated to Sgt. 1st Class Daniel Crabtree, killed by an IED in Iraq last week.

When I saw the WOD and the dedication this morning, I had a brief moment of sadness. I've never met the guy or conversed with him in any way, but it still pained me to hear it. It didn't sink in very far though since work was calling.

Later on in the day I revisited the site and read the comments section...nearly everyone (at the time I read it) chose to forego WOD scores and instead posted something along the lines of "A grateful nation thanks you...." It was all I could do to not break down in the middle of the library.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"---George Orwell

I can't help but pray that some day I will be counted worthy to stand ready. Maybe someday. Maybe.

No comments: