Saturday, January 06, 2007

WOD! WODWODWODWOD!!!

Today:

I haven't been able to keep up with the 'official' schedule since sometime last week, so I've been ad hoc'ing it since then. Today I tried something that would at least work the same muscle groups as the squats, presses and deads, if not the same way. The 'hang' part wasn't actually a hang, I set the barbell on the floor each time. I just forgot to do the squat and instead did a short dip.

Hang clean and jerk, 5-5-5-5-5

95-115-135-155-165

I haven't been able to put 165 above my head since inprocessing at DEPS. Thank you Crossfit!

Yesterday: REST!!

Thursday:

Henrietta - 65lb bar in the overhead squat postion, but instead of the squat, it's a one leg lunge.

Jezebell - Modified "iron cross" found at http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.php?Name=Iron%2BCross (family/work safe). The modified makes it a four count exercise. One, arms at sides; two, squat with arms out front; three, arms retracted to chest; four, single squat thrust to return weights overhead. The weights were weight plates from the barbells, not dumbells with the convenience of handles.
Here's the workout:
10 seconds work/ 10 seconds rest, four sets
Push-Ups
Squats
Dips
Back Raises

Henrietta
Jezebel
Henrietta

10/10 Work/Rest of
Back Raises
Dips
Squats
Push-Ups

3 mile run
(The above was sq PT.)

Later on in the day I rowed for 8,000 meters and some change.

I don't remember the rest of the WoD's for this week. I know the climbing and half-marathon row didn't happen. One, my partner cancelled, and two, I felt like crap when I STARTED the row (crap as in malnourished crap), so I figured discretion was the better part of valor for that attempt. I think I did a tabata type workout somewhere, too, but don't remember precisely when.

1 comment:

Jerimiah said...

Dan,

I don't know if you noticed we had an affiliate here in Tulsa now.

http://crossfittulsa.typepad.com/crossfit_tulsa/


You should swing up some time and join us.