Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Daily Photo #2



Today's Daily Photo!

This one is interesting. Notice how the primary subject is the stalk in front of the rock...notice how the stalk is perfectly centered on the rock, the rock is centered in the pic, the line between the shore and the water isn't centered but on the bottom third of the photo...one carefully planned and executed picture, right?

NOT!

Getting this pic was hilarious! Ha! I walked down to a small lake by my apartement building in search of something interesting. As I arrived I noticed the fifty or so Canadian Geese and a few swans swimming about. Fun!

I walked around, took a few pics, and aimed toward the shore. I saw the stone and thought, great! That'll be a cool photo. Hehehe...well, some people came up behind me and started throwing bread on the shore. Of course the geese saw it and one of them apparently rang the dinner bell because EVERY goose, swan, blackbird, and sea gull (yes, there are sea gulls in Oklahoma!), swarmed the beach. I'm not kidding, within 30 seconds I was charged by every bird in the county, and the big ones wanted me to go away! So I did! No plans on making America's Funniest Home videos, here, no thank you!

As those thirty seconds ticked away, I set the camera to "Auto" and snapped a few pics. As I looked through the viewfinder I thought a couple were out of focus but took the chance anyway. They weren't out of focus, the camera focused on the SINGLE weed between the rock and me! Ha! Anyway, I thought the pic was a perfect example of how telling God your plans seems to be a great way to make Him laugh. :) Enjoy!

No comments: