Thursday, January 25, 2007

Eragon

I'm cruising my way through the book "Eragon" for the second time. Let me tell you...it is an EXCELLENT story! The movie didn't do the book justice at all. Most of the plot is completely left out, to be honest.

In the book, Eragon is just below the age of manhood when Saphira hatches for him. It's interesting to watch him realize she's not just a dumb beast and then to watch them grow together throughout the story. They are inseperable near the end, and she is a fierce protector of her pet human.

The book also reminds me of God in a lot of ways! Saphira's wrath against anything that causes Eragon harm is fearsome, to say the least...she would do anything to protect her boy. As powerful as a dragon could be (and yes...I do believe in dragons, though I think "dinosaur" would be a better term), the love God feels for us is so much greater in comparison. Reading this novel is a lot like reading a journey of faith. Very neat!

No comments: