Sunday, January 28, 2007

Pet Peeves

More pet peeves:
So what if I wear a hunter orange shirt to church and haven't shaved since Friday? What's your point? Am I not good enough to hear the Gospel because of it? I hate it when people are turned away or ignored in a church building because of their physical appearance. It's usually older people that are the offenders, too. I guess we all get stuck in our ways sometimes.

Fish Wars. Please, if you're going to put one of those stupid fish thingys on your car, don't drive like you should be sporting a Darwin fish instead of the Jesus fish. It's offensive to everybody.

Drive-by evangelism. I know a guy that has Bible verses in large letters all over the windows of his vehicle. Yes...that's a GREAT way to witness to people. That way, you stay safe away from ridicule, openess and actually caring about everyone you talk with. Way to go!

Using the Biblical language to explain other-than-Biblical things. Otherwise known as Christainese. I don't care if the civil authorities were called "magistrates" in the KJV, over here in America they are Senators, Governors, Representatives or whatever. The list goes on and on.

Tracts. Another great way to not get invovled in a person's life and still pretend to care. My favorite is putting a tract in a tip jar or using it as a tip.

Time for me to go.

1 comment:

Michelle M said...

Watch the judging.. :)