Wednesday, December 27, 2006

WoDahol

Yesterday's Rx WoD was an evil cousin to "Tabata This," but I wanted something that worked my entire body instead of just doing air squats until my legs fall off.

Yesterday:

Tabata This:
20/10 work rest cycle in seconds, eight sets of each exercise
Pull-ups
Push-ups
Sit-ups
Squats

Pull-ups: Started with 10, then a few rounds of six, then three
Push-ups: Started with...10? 15? I don't remember. It was bad with these, for the last four(ish) rounds I had to alternate between the planche and doing push-ups. I remember severly irritating my elbow tendons the last time I did this, so there was no need to push it!
Sit-ups: Relatively pleased, could have done better though. All sit-ups were unassisted, did sets of 10-13.
Squats: Bleh. Serious room to grow here. The first time I did this workout it was 20 squats every round...now, I did 20 the first, 15 or more in two through six, 10 in round seven, and 20 in round eight.

In addition to this workout I did:

X5:
Scullies, seven reps, four count exercise
Flutter kicks, 10 reps, four count exercise
I got to round four and nearly gave up the ghost. I'd decided to rest 30 seconds between each round, and thanks in part to the worship music I was listening to, decided that I'd better give it another 30 and do the exercise. Better late than never!

After that was some swimming. I only did one or two laps and each lap was broken into lengths. I am proud of myself though! No aids other than goooogles were used. Not to mention it impressed the cute lifeguard! Heh! She's watched me go from "I'm going to die out here!" to swimming all by myself.

Today's WoD:

Shoulder Press, 3-3-3-3-3

For some reason I still can't fathom I thought there were only FOUR sets instead of FIVE, so that's what I did.

115-125-135-125

In addition to that I did some more swimming:
8 LAPS this time, not lengths, with only my trusty gooogles. Yippers! Then I did some underwater swims, but it was just a couple of laps. The aforementioned lifeguard promised me a cookie if I kept swimming (this was on lap 3 I think), so I kept going...but never got my cookie! Blast it! She ATE it right in front of me! Poop! Oh well. I guess cute girls are allowed to do that. :P

No comments: