Monday, April 10, 2006

G'day

G'day.

Today:

20 mins, elliptical, level 10
7 mins, stairclimber, level six and two
4X20 pushups
4X20 situps
12 pull-ups

That's in addition to the running around I've done at work. I feel like a gerbil in a robotic wheel, forever running to some madman's idea of productivity. I should be able to run three minute miles at this pace. I'll probably have to lean forward so far on the caveat that I'll have to piggy-back and hopefully not FALL ON MY FACE!!!!!

Anyway. Jesus loves me, right? He loves you, too, I hope you know. I wonder if he loves pointless paperwork and baby-sitting lazy people. That's a hard one.

I saw part of a documentary on TV last week. It was about the ancient samurai. I was supposed to be doing work, but as usual, there wasn't any I could do, so I was in the snack bar. The commentators said that the Bushi-Do (Way of The Warrior) was codified at least in part because the Japanese culture changed so rapidly from warlike to peaceful that these elite warriors didn't know what to do with themselves. So, to try to find some justification for their existence, they made into "law" the principals that were appropriate at the time for the warrior class of that society.

That got me thinking. How much of our culture is the same way, especially the military? How many traditions/techniques/methods do we practice simply because somebody felt lonely and decided to turn it into law? Or worse yet, somebody needed a bullet for promotions? I friggin hate that!!!! Grrr!!!

Well, at least Jesus loves me. He loves you, too, by the way!

No comments: