Thursday, April 13, 2006

Congratulations, you win another Friday!

G'day!

I think I'll take my Friday and use it tommorrow. As a matter of fact, you can have one, too!

Today:

4 mile run, 32:08 (time is okay, but it was on the hamster wheel of death, so...not really)
Something cool did happen though. At about the 3.15 point I felt my body switch fuels. I'm not sure if it was going anaerobic to aerobic, or the other way around, or what. One moment I was huffing and puffing, the next I was just fine. I sped up the mill to see if I could tire myself out, and it didn't happen. Plenty of body fat to spare! Yea, baby, yeah! I read in Jeff Galloway's book that it takes 35 miles of running to burn one pound of fat. So, I figure if I can run about 90,000 miles a day, I'll be doing just fine. :)

Check out this article.

It's an incredible example of leadership in battle, and to me, is awe-inspiring. I can only HOPE to be like this one day.

Well, that's pretty much it for now. Don't forget to drink your Ovaltine!

Boangeres

1 comment:

Kt said...

I have Jeff Galloways training program for the marathon, as well as Joe Friel for the triathlon, but I've also been looking at Hal Higdons training program for running... Thats kinda funny man! I'm happy to hear the running is going good for you- with no pain! Improvements little at a time- good job on the run time- nice when your starting out again isn't it? I ran 5 miles tonight a did a pretty good job- tomorrow day off, then cross trng on Saturday fro 2 hours, then long run on Sunday- we're going from Life Church in edmond to Aracadia.. about 9-10 miles or so. I'm excited, especially since we did great today! Hope this weekend is even better. TTYL