Sunday, February 12, 2006

Intermission

Thanks for the words, Steve.

I can honestly say that out of my entire life, I've participated in three fasts that have not been purely discipline based. (It took discipline, but that was not the point of it.) One was the breaking of a lot of friendships and I literally could do nothing about it but beg His attention. I felt the prompting of the Spirit to fast, so I did. One was another broken relationship where I didn't want to do anything but see what God wanted for it so I decided to fast. The last was this one. None of these events had timetables, even the first.
I don't know what would have happened had I needed to fly. I just knew I couldn't go without hearing from God and He has blessed this way of seeking His will before, when it really is Him that I'm seeking.
I hadn't realized what I had done by making it an oath, though. Don't know why. I certainly had every intention of fulfilling it (and had plenty of opportunities not to!). I think I will be more careful of my words.

No comments: