Monday, February 20, 2006

I was doing some research for the TULIP worksheet the other day and came across something that made my eyes water a bit.
One of the verses I was looking up was Romans 2:29 ( But a Jew is one inwardly, and circumcision is a matter of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter. His praise is not from man but from God. --ESV ). I was reading this to get a good context of Romans 3:10-18.

I’ve got this computer program called E-Sword that gave me a free copy of Strong’s Dictionary. I used this to look up the word ‘praise’ from the verse. The idea that God my Creator would praise me is unreal, to say the least, and I was curious. Here’s what Strong’s said:
G1868
ἔπαινος
epainos
ep'-ahee-nos
From G1909 and the base of G134; laudation; concretely a commendable thing: - praise.

Well, not being able to understand the word laudation, I looked it up using the Microsoft Works dictionary. Here’s what it said:

laud·a·tion [law dáysh’n]
(plural laud·a·tions)
n
praise: great praise and acclaim, often in the form of a eulogy (formal)

Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

This is incredible. Jehovah-tsidkenu himself will sing my eulogy. Absolutely incredible.

No comments: