Friday, February 24, 2006

Finally

G'day.

Well, the big rush is over for now. Looks like it's back to boring paperwork and such for the rest of the time I'm in the squadron.

Here's the first story:

I woke up at 0600ish a few days ago, tired and groggy and hating the fact that I had to go to work. I'd been staying up late talking and writing with a friend and reading, and when I couldn't sleep, playing a video game. So I was pretty out of it. I went into the bathroom and realized with a sense of utter terror that there was no soap. I had flown the day before, so there really was no option as to whether or not I had to take a shower.
I thought, and thought, and thought, and finally inspiration struck! Dawn! I ran to the kitchen sink, got the Dawn and washed away. It felt so good I thought about doing it again the next day but realized how weird that was, so I didn't. I did notice this pleasant and distinct orange odor follow me around till the end of the day, though!

More to follow....

2 comments:

Kt said...

FUNNY!! I really dont think I've heard of that before...but at least you used soap of some sort, most people would probably just blow it off.. "What???!! I don't have soap!!?? Oh- well, people will have to deal" HA ha ha. Like me..I never use soap!! EVER- it's ALWAYS, and I do mean ALWAYS body wash...well, unless I dont have any..then it's soap.. bar soap I mean. ;-)

Hope all is well. I have an early flight, so I'm heading to bed. If you speak to (you know who)..please say I will talk to (you know who) later. Probably tomorrow or something...yeah...ok- bye bye. Ta ta for now. God Bless!

Anonymous said...

THAT is HILARIOUS! I am sitting in a coffee shop that offers free wireless (gotta love them) just checking out Holly's blog and pics from Italy and checking out this guy "Danny" who one of my best friends keep talking about...he he. And I have enjoyed your site, especially the story 'bout the dawn shower!! Who would have thought? Very creative of you. Anyway, nice to get to know you a bit and I hope you feel better from your cold soon!