Monday, December 12, 2005

Kings and Kings

G'day.

Another day. Not good or bad. Just another day.
Today I was reading an article about the main cast of The Chronicles of Narnia and felt a little bitter. I saw a picture of Peter in the midst of battle, trying to not get parts chopped off and wondered, why couldn't that be me?
Not that I actually enjoy people trying to kill me. It's just that Peter is out there fighting for something good; and if he wins, he gets to rule a kingdom. Hmmm. Not to mention he gets to see Aslan. I'd let a part be chopped off I could see Aslan. Of course, if you go by the imagery I get to "see" Aslan every day. I just don't think that would be the same as getting walloped by a big paw (which is probably what he'd do the first time he saw me), and then getting to sit with him a while and talk about the deep magic from beyond the beginning of the world. That, I think, would be worth eternity.

1 comment:

Dr. Dolly (@drdolly) said...

Was the movie as good as the hype? Haven't yet seen it. Can't wait, though!