Friday, December 23, 2005

Beggars Among Us (part 2)

After I got out and looked at the truck, I was thinking it would still be okay. God had brought me this far and he will carry me through...now I should call friends and roadside assistance to get the ball rolling. I pulled the cell phone out and looked at the screen.

No service.

Well, only respectable hobbits don't have adventures, anyway.

So, I packed some necessities in my Pursuit 50 (climbing pack made by McEwings) and headed off down the road. I typed a text message and sent it to everyone I could think of, knowing the phone would automatically send the messages when there was service. God has his ways. Only about 100 yards away I started getting phone calls and text messages from friends.
It is now three days later, and I am completely humbled and suprised by the reaction of the people around me. Well, not suprised, but certainly humbled. Every single day I have seen obvious signs of God working his "deep magic" to provide for what I need. The sacrifices I see being made on my behalf point straight to the love of Christ and it's sometimes all I can do to not be overwhelmed by the generosity of his people.
At the front of my mind the past few days is how the King of Glory, the one who made it all and owns it all, gave away more than I could ever imagine just to save my sin-filled soul. Hallelujah!

Dan

No comments: