Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Geared Up

I was climbing with a friend not to long ago and we got on the discussion of all the gear necessary for the sport, and how you could compare it to a walk of faith in real life. Here's a couple of my favorite observations:

Jesus is your rope! Without the rope binding two people together and keeping you safe, you will fall.

The belayer is another believer who has already gone through your struggles and can help you in the place where you are at the moment.

Jesus is the Rock (imagine that?) because without good hand and footholds, you're not going anywhere.

Note - nearly all of these are not my ideas, they were hers. It was only after the "passion" experience that I realized without good holds I'm not going anywhere. What kinda dufus am I anyway? :P

No comments: