Saturday, August 26, 2006

No, I am one

G'day mates....

Last weekend I was running late to go see a movie with a friend and her church group. As I started to turn from my little street on to the highway service road, I saw a lady waving frantically in my direction.

Well of course I had to stop. The look on her face suggested that she had either just run into a lot of trouble or was about to, and I wasn't just going to drive off and leave her there. When she got in, she asked for a ride to the south side of town. I told her to tell me where it was and right after the info came a long stream of "Praise God! Thank you sweetie, thank you young man!! I'm sure glad I didn't have to walk all this way!!"

As we were going down the road, she asked if dated. I told her I was single, but the phrase "Why do YOU want to know?" ran through my thoughts. I didn't really want to explain the whole "I'm waiting on God/wife/courting thing" to a strange woman that's asking about my love life.

She looked at me and said, "No, honey, do you date?" I thought "Hmm...that's a strange question." She repaired my poor confused head with the next question, quietly whispered: "No, what I mean is, do you use prostitutes?"

Good Lord...I'm giving a ride to a prostitute. Well, whatever, Jesus loved them too, and better than I do. Of course I answered no, but thought about it after I dropped her off at her house.

No, I don't use prostitutes, but I certainly am one.

I am a whore and do confess
I put You on like a wedding dress

These lyrics (by Shane and Shane I think) ring so true to my life. I am so quick to put on Christ long enough to get what I want and am even quicker to betray Him whenever it suits me. Good grief. Lord, help me to repent of my foolishness. Thank you so much for loving me...thank you for calling me home and keeping me there.

No comments: