Saturday, August 19, 2006

Cleanup

Today's WoD:

50 box jumps
50 jumping pullups
50 kb swings
50 steps, walking lunge
50 knee-elbows
50 push-press
50 back extensions
50 wall-ball
45 burpees
(Twisted my knee on rep 45 of the burpees so I stopped there.)

I've been doing some cleaning. I'm getting rid of all the evidence of some specific sins that seem to always be pestering me. I'm not doing it to hide anything, I'm doing it to help get rid of the influence. To help avoid temptation in the future.

I've been asking the Lord for some cleaning, too. I read the cover of The Ragamuffin Gospel last night after a friend recommended it to me. Just reading the cover helped me remember some very important things...mainly, that grace is Grace. There's nothing I've done or will do that earned God's love, and nothing that will make me unredeemable. I've already been redeemed. Just saying it gives me joy. :)

Sometimes, when a struggle against sin continues for years with little more victory than standing fast and a lot more failures, it's very easy to forget about Grace. I think that's why God gave us sleep. For a time we can forget and in the morning all things can be new. As hard as it is to let go, it has to be done; thank goodness Jesus has already shown us how.

No comments: