Monday, August 14, 2006

ARGH!!!

It's been a crappy day. I got some truck repairs done and it turned out it was TWICE the price I budgeted for. I went to get the brakes repaired, and guess what? Not only was it the brakes, it was a rotor, the steering assembly, two leaking shocks, and just to have some icing on this poop cake, the windshield wipers and air filter. Crapola.

I'm feeling far from God right now. It's been a bad week as far as devotionals go, and completely my fault. Sins are catching up and making me feel even further away. Sheesh.

4 comments:

Kt said...

never fear- God is here!! Dude-- seriously... no reason to be in a bad mood- always something to learn from things like this...

its a time you either get closer or not.. your choice.. I'll be praying for you buddy!

Holly said...

You are accepted by God regardless of whether you feel you should be or not. It is during hard times that He draws closer to us, but we often feel further from Him because we look at our relationship with Him based on how we are doing (our circumstances) in our spiritual life.

A book I'm reading right now ("The Green Letters" by Miles Stanford) put it marvelously into words, saying "Many suppose that because they are conscious of sins, that hence they must renew their acceptance with God." Don't be run by what shame the enemy may hold over your head. Take a look at God's Word and cling to what He says about you and how you are accepted by Him.

2 Thess 2:16-17

Anonymous said...

Would you like a mechanic recommendation...old friend of ours from church...I always like going to someone I know. Email if you're interested.

Dan said...

Thanks, ladies.

Steve, sure!