Thursday, August 10, 2006

Joseph

Today's WoD:

Five rounds for time:
Row, 500m
30 thrusters

(I have no idea how long it took, just that I'm tired.)

Second WoD:
Pull-ups, set of 10, weighted

45lbs, 70lbs, 75lbs, 45 the rest (did two from set 7-10)

Work is hell. I'm tired of being blamed for crap I don't do or haven't been trained to do. About the only thing that is keeping me sane is the story of Joseph. I remember how he was sold into slavery, betrayed by the jailer's wife and put into prison. The reward for his faithful service and hard work was more and more imprisonment, until finally he was locked away and forgotten by everyone.
When he was here, he apparently didn't curse God (technically the Bible doesn't say, but it does give indicators to suggest otherwise ;). Not only had the Lord put him in a prison to rot, he rescued him from it, too; and later on it is revealed just why it happened that way.
I don't care if I have mastery over Egypt, Africa, Europe, America or even my bowels. Right now I just want to get out of the prison.

Lord,

Thank you so much that you consider me worthy to suffer. Thank you for refining me in the fire and making me pure and clean. Thank you for your grace and mercy when I sin in this fire.
Lord, I don't know why you made fire hot, but it is. I'll stay here as long as you want me to, but anytime you think I've been here long enough I'm not going to disagree. As always, I pray your will be done, Father, not mine. In Jesus' name, Amen.


Signing off.

No comments: