Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Well, well, just what do you think you're doing now, CUPCAKE?

Oh, what a funny, funny day.

NOT!!

I got to sit through a briefing that I've had no less than two times before. I think that after two I pretty much delete all of the useless crap I'm told out of my internal memory banks. Pretty soon one of the disks is going to skip and I'll collapse into a twitching heap on the floor. I bet they'd prop me up in the chair again just to have someone to brief to. All I want to do is my job. Is that to much to ask? Really? Please?

I do have some comic relief at the gym though. I see these insanely huge guys that squat 9000 lbs ONCE and think that's enough to be fit. Then they look down on little ol' me (and my workout partners) and smirk and grin to one another. That is, until they see what we're doing, and then most people just stare in awe. A few actually come up and ask what program we're on. I've had a guy ask if I'm a professional wrestler. I've had people actually put down the 9000lb barbell and stare. (And then I laugh inside. Oh, how I laugh!)

But I'm not bitter, no, not at all. Just because I've been in this career field for FOUR AND A HALF YEARS and have yet to do ANYTHING SIGNIFICANT, except maybe training all the new people on how to be just as insignificant AS I FEEL, I'm not bitter. Okay, so liars go to hell. I'm about as bitter right now as it gets. If it weren't for the work of God in my life I'd be so angry I couldn't sleep.

I gotta go. Thinking about it is ticking me off even more.

8 comments:

Holly said...

Revelation 21:8 pal! HA!

just because you're this amazingly strong and studly man doesn't mean you have free reign to show off and make everybody jealous by comparing themselves to you... time for a cool down....

Dr. Dolly (@drdolly) said...

Death by powerpoint--Air Force specialty, served up well-done with some pain in the butt on the side!

AS far as the guys at the gym. They may "look" pretty, but from everything I've learned in school, they have little to know flexibility, and their backs are so wrecked from what they're doing to 'em with body building.

Literally there was a skeleton found in the midwest a few years ago. They thought it was a really short man because of all the extra bumps and grooves for muscle attachments that men typically have more of than women. After analyzing the teeth, found out it was a female body builder who was only middle-aged at time of death. Her spine looked like a wreck.

Cross-fit, RKB, yeah buddy!!!! That's the way to do it RIGHT!

Dan said...

Ha! You make me smile, Holly! You're so awesome!
I don't show off at the gym. If I had a choice, my buddies and I would do our workouts completely seperated from everyone else (they feel the same way). But we don't. And it's not a case of us being such superstars as it is the workouts themselves. They're very challenging and dynamic, and technically speaking, so much better than what most of America is doing in the gym.
See Dolly's post above for a dose of what Americanized fitness does to people. We're frustrated more because the meat-heads (and yes, that is a technical term) refuse to listen to a better way and they drag other people down the road of destruction with them. Kinda like the Pharisees, only in the gym.

Dr. Dolly (@drdolly) said...

I heard of a gym called "Profit's Little" from the Proverbs reference. ;-)

Dr. Dolly (@drdolly) said...

Dan, post more pix on your site, please!! I like pictures. Pictures of you and your buddies tearing it up in the gym. Pix of y'all dying from powerpoints...all of that would ROCK!

Holly said...

I agree with Dolly!

Dan said...

Anything for you....

Holly said...

So then - where are the new pictures???!!?!