Monday, March 20, 2006

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!

I saw a video on CNN today about the three year anniversary of the War in Iraq. Shortly after viewing it I had to excuse myself so that I could vomit.

I am consistently appalled at what I see in the media. There was a time that I actually trusted the news I saw on the net and TV, but no more. Why, do you say?

--Is a civil war occurring in Iraq? Well, let's see. According to Iraq's former interim prime minister, nearly 50-60 people die each day in Iraq. That's really sad. It really is. What about this - according to abortionfacts.com (and they get the info from the CDC), there were 5,903 abortions last year by girls under the age of 15. That's a little over 16 people a day dying because an extremely young girl gets an abortion. If you look at all the abortions, 413.7 people are being killed in hospitals every day. Based on this information, and in keeping with the WIQ (War in Iraq) train of thought, I recommend the withdrawal of doctors from all hospitals. I also recommend that we sell all of our national security assets to the UN so we can donate money to the UN's ethics committees. That way there won't be any more abortions.
What exactly defines a war, anyway?

--I get tired of hearing all the crap and misinformation in the media. I saw a report this morning that featured two Iraqi citizens afraid to reveal their identities. They were saying, on camera, that they thought life was better before the Americans came to Iraq.
Let's see. There was a dictator that regularly raped, tortured and martyred everyone opposed to his regime. You had a dictator that invited Al-Quieda leadership to his pad for a "Smoke the Great Satan" business meeting and pep-rally (gleaned from unclass sources, of course). You had a leader that used chemical weapons against his own people. Now you've got an admitted middle-class "family" that likes it better when this dictator was in power. What does that say about the "family?" Where do their loyalties lie? I wonder who they fought for during the war? The reporter featured in this film don't say anything about this at all. I think it's funny that they can report the facts and not offer personal opinions when the reports say what they want to say, but when they report something that conservatives are doing, you can't differentiate between the facts and the opinions. Hmmm. I'm sure there is no bias at all though. Total integrity. Utter honesty. Can I sell you a bridge? It's a big one?


I think it was Adolph Hitler that said if you tell a lie often enough and loud enough, eventually people will start to believe it. He also said that people were most likely to believe a big lie than a little one, and I see that could have some truth. Anyway, I'm done venting. Peace out.

3 comments:

Dr. Dolly (@drdolly) said...

D'accord!

Eric said...

Can I use this information, Danny?

Dan said...

Go ahead.