Saturday, March 11, 2006

I'm so tired of this CRAP!!!

G'day!

What an interesting night last night.

After my flight, I spent about an hour or so talking with the most beautiful girl in the world. That was great! She's awesome. I really appreciate the prayers she offers on my behalf every day, as well as the verses we exchange each morning.

Anyway, back to the story.

I was walking from my truck to my apartment door when I was hailed by my neighbor. He introduced himself but his words were a little slurred, so I didn't catch his name. He thanked me for being in the service (has seen me in uniform before) and told me about the injuries he received to his neck, shoulder, elbow and back while serving in 1975.

I am astounded by his thankfulness. He's the one who has been injured for his country and I'm the one that has been sitting on my duff for four and a half years, yet HE thanks ME. I felt very little after that happened, that's for sure. Now my general distaste for anything that has to do with my job has solidified into nearly hatred.

I had a couple of friends try to tell me last night why the job I do is so important. I wanted to yell and scream and throw a fit, but didn't. Had I met my neighbor I probably would have. I'm not saying the platform is not important, it is, it's very important. The only catch is that before long my job will be done by computers, or barring that, monkeys, or at the very least, officers. (Just kidding!)

Seriously, what have I done other than pretend to do my job? This makes me sick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who put you where you're at? You ought to be angry with Him, not your work...after all, your job didn't choose you either.