Sunday, January 08, 2006

You gotta be kidding me

As a part of Airman Leadership School, we are required to study grammar.
Since I've been studying my semester's worth of grammar (due in four days), I've come to this conclusion: Whoever (Whomever {Whatever!!!}) invented (verb) the (?) English (adjective? pronoun? gerund?) language (noun, I think) should have been (don't ask) reprimanded (verb in the past tense?) in an aggressive and violent (some type of adjective, or maybe verb, I'm not sure) manner (i.e. - shot).
No, not really. I just wish the Babelites did not decide to make a tower. If they didn't do it though, someone probably would have. Maybe I just don't like being shown my ignorance. Yeah, that's probably it. I think I'm going to go to something I'm relatively good at. Like carrying a 50lb ruck out by the lake. Yeah, nothing like carrying a heavy load for a long distance to stroke my decimated ego for a while. Make me feel like a man. Put some hair on my chest. Maybe I could paint my face, too, and swim out to some unsuspecting fisherman to conduct some underwater demo drills. Just for practice though, nothing for real. I don't have an SDV anyway. Or any demo. Or face paint, for that matter. Maybe I'll just stick to rucking for now. Wish me luck.

Danny

3 comments:

Dr. Dolly (@drdolly) said...

ain't no such thang as luck, danny!

Dr. Dolly (@drdolly) said...

FYI, they want y'all to learn that stuff so you can write more effective bullets for your troops that are grammatically correct instead of stumbling blocks for the reader. I've been a grammer/spelling geek since jr. high; so I often get tapped to edit people's papers and the like. It's amazing how terrible college and doctoral students are at grammer. Most of 'em suck. So, if you get this stuff down, you'll be a shining star. Oh, and check out _Writers INC_ Edited by Sebranek, Meyer, & Kemper. It may be in the Tink library, or a local public one. It's written for HS students (silly cartoons, etc.) but it has a TON of good info. I still use it as a resource for grammer, business letter composition, or various paper styles. It makes more sense than most grammer textbooks or instructors and it's actually a fun book.

Eric said...

Man, and I thought grammer was one of your strong suits (based on your writing). As maddening as it may be, you do a fine job, Danny. However, I don't envy you. If it helps, my CDCs for ALS came today. I can even fail the first test and take it again w/o penalty. God bless, my brother.