Thursday, January 19, 2006

You gotta be kidding me (again)

Wow, folks, I am truly a piece of work.
This is going to be one of the funniest things that I think I've ever heard or done in a formal military inspection.

We were lined up all nice and pretty for our open ranks this morning. The instructor and class leader moved on down the line doing the duck walk and eventually came to me.

"Good morning, Airman Fannin. How are you today?"
"I'm doing good, sir."
Looks me over a second....
"Oh, so you like your sideburns, eh?"
I didn't know what to say. They are within regs, so who cares? My tongue got the better of me, and I said "No."
He looked, nodded, and kept looking.
He leaned in closer and whispered:
"Sorry dude, but you need to cut your nose hair!"

Holy crap...What do I say to that? I didn't say anything. He dinged me on my shirt not being properly tucked (garters are as tight as they will go, almost) and pants being to long (thanks again, base dry cleaners!!!). After being told to cut my nose hair, that didn't bother me to much.
Geez, I hope nothing has been evolving in my primeval soup. What would it be like to have a miniature ape jump out of my nose?? Not fun!!!!

:)

Grace,

Danny

2 comments:

Dr. Dolly (@drdolly) said...

HAHAHA! I can't believe you didn't break attention and start busting up laughing :-) Ya know that no matter WHAT you do to look almost pristine perfect, they will always find something to dock you on.

Anonymous said...

By the way...you should have said, "I'm doing well." GRAMMAR!