Friday, January 06, 2006

Wowee

Well, it's my second day in ALS and I'm already a dirtbag.
Last night I pulled my BDU out of the plastic, straight from the dry cleaners, and they had two creases going down one sleeve and three going down another. I was hot. How the flippin heck do you get THREE creases down the sleeve of your BDU? THREE????? So I was up late last night trying to correct this mistake. At least now I have a faint outline of ONE, count'em, ONE crease going down both sleeves. Let's not even talk about the pants. Let's not talk about this, too: according to the AFI 36-2903 (Dress and Personal Appearance for Air Force Personnel) a sentence says MILITARY CREASES ARE PROHIBITED. No creases allowed. Why, then, is it a requirement to have them? I would rather have them than not, they look sharp, but why bust the standard for something as silly as this?

1 comment:

Dr. Dolly (@drdolly) said...

Congrats on going to ALS! So glad I don't have to mess with a uniform anymore. That took up way too many precious study hours during college (brasso this, polish that, and don't forget to starch your shirt!). Sheesh!