Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Grrrrrrr

"I'M FULL OF JOY, MASTER CHIEF!!!"

I'm so ready for ALS to be over now. There's no time for recreational reading, Bible reading, writing of any sort, working out, and almost eating. Sleep is just a figment of my imagination. Unless you count sleeping in class, of course.

This weekend I did a double WOD on Saturday and did Sunday's WOD Sunday. My body has almost recovered, but not quite. The PT program ALS has in place is ok at times (like the plyometrics we did a few days ago), but all yesterday did for me was to get the fatigue and soreness out of my muscles. By the time I was warmed up, we were done.

Here's yesterday:
Jumping Jacks (till the instructor got "tired")
Pyramid Pushups (up to five, then back down)
butt kicks, 15-30 yards
knee highs, 15-30 yards
100 m sprint with SLOOOOOW jog back around to start point

Last time I did interval training:
2 mile warmup run
4 rounds of:
20 jumpies (kettlebell swing motion w/no bell or hand movements)/400m sprint
rest 2:00-2:30
100 yard dash with pushups at either end, 100 pushups total
100m walking lunges X 2
X 3 of:
50 flutter kicks
50 scullies
50 mad russians (oh the pain!)

You get the point. No comparison. Not that I'm so hot (the guy I did this with smoked me), but it's slightly frustrating to have to sit in class knowing that I'm getting fatter and slower by the second. Grrrrrr.

Kudos if you can tell me where the Master Chief quote is from.

2 comments:

Dr. Dolly (@drdolly) said...

YOU getting slower and fatter is just like watching you go from superhero physique to just fit normalcy. Ha! FYI, you may find out that giving your body this "rest" period may actually be really good for you. Check your run times after ALS...you may be happily surprised.

Dan said...

:)

*blushing*