Wednesday, September 06, 2006

So Difficult

Right now I'm really depressed.

I'm TDY and it's difficult watching all the people call loved ones to tell them they landed safely. I'm sitting in my room wishing I could avoid thinking about being so blasted lonely. The other alternative is going out with the crew and watch them get wasted.

At least the room is cushy! I've got a sitting area, a kitchen (with a full-size fridge and a stove and oven), a bedroom and of course the bathroom. I'm accessing the net for $1.98 a day, which isn't bad, considering it's usually purchased by the hour.

I'm watching a program on the History Channel about Rome's Ancient doctors, specifically Galiean (I think that's how you spell it!). This stuff is incredible!! They apparently performed eye surgery, brain surgery, and Galiean was the first recorded doctor to associate symptoms in one place with problems in another place, especially with an emphasis on the central nervous system. Wow!

5 comments:

Dr. Dolly (@drdolly) said...

Danny,

I figured you were TDY due to lack of blogging and lack of yahoo messengering. I did plenty a TDY hanging out in the ol' room. BTW, it's Galen. If you think that's cool stuff, you should enter a health professions field. How about becoming a chiropractor? ;-)

Dan said...

Hahaha...Dolly, you never let up, do you!!!!

Just kidding. Well, not really, though I have really considered it. Still do. Other things have to come first though. :)

Kt said...

Danny danny danny--

never fear-- God is near..you - ha ha. Actually He is inside-- but you knew that already of course! So your tdy..whoohoo-- at least your taking a break from the 6th..yikes-- BTW- if you didn't knkow.. we now have lockers- yeppers- thats right.. LOCKERS...like I'm totally going to get your picture and write BFF on it and hang it on my door...oh- and I cant forget the locker shelve with little pencil holder in it to make sure it's the most impressive locker ever-- EVER!!

Hows the students coming along? we just got a new batch in-- (ha-- like their produce or something that's either good or bad) ha ha. I statrted my scheduling yesterday.. not hard at all.. just a taaaaad boring-- well because I'm one of those people when I have work to do-- I get it done asap, and then I normally spend the rest of my time dinking around because thats what we AF personnel do! no but seriously.. dont fear of the loneliness-- according to 1 Peter 2:11--- we are strangers of this world!! Sorry to say, but it'll be lonely at times..best bet: Live out the Word, and hold fast to JESUS! Thats where our true home is, this is but a small speck on the line of time. Well-- if it makes any difference-- i miss seeing ya at work.. joking around and making you laugh out loud, since thats normally the only time I actually hear something out of your mouth.. ha ha-- remember the day you left, and what MSgt Padjowski (whatever) said S. A. meant..and I said-- " so it's describing you".. or something like that.. ooopps- OH-- dang- Chicken! I'll see you when you get back.. God Bless!

Holly said...

I think Katie rambles too much - but she always makes me laugh - - out loud. Hope you're laughing out loud right now!! Hahahaa!!!

Anonymous said...

don't go postal...on second thought...