Friday, March 16, 2007

CHANGES!!!!

AHHHH!!!!! SO MANY!

Okay, the screaming is over now.

I need to:
Get orders
Turn in checklist (once I find out if I reenlist or extend)
Pack
Move stuff
Move in with a friend
Get tickets
Get uniforms updated

*sigh*

I did get a small glimmer of hope today. I had to call the schoolhouse to see if it was okay if I reported early (the instructors say to do it if you can).
I called, the Airman on the other end of the line answered, I asked my question, and waited. I think he forgot to put me on hold because I could hear him asking for Sgt ****.
I thought, NO!! Sgt **** is the lead instructor! I'm going to get reamed for skipping my newest chain of command! Dang it!
Sgt **** got on the line. I explained why I called and he said something to the effect of, "Sure, I always try to get people down here early. Good luck (once you get here)." Awesome! It's good to see that the people who will shortly be abusing me are doing it because they value a high level of training, and seem to want students to succeed. Of course, that means my future pain will be even worse because of it...but...oh well! It happens! I can't wait to get there!

No comments: