Saturday, August 18, 2007

Contentment in circumstances

G'day, once again!

Well...I must admit...St. Paul was right.

I used to complain about work a lot. I used to hate it and was completely unwilling to see anything good about it.

Well, I still hate a lot of it, but the rest is changing. ;)

After I came back I was moved out of an office that I've worked in off an on most of my career. It can be a prestigious place to work depending on what the tasks are. Now I'm assigned to a different office and have the menial task of making sure the new guys are properly taught (or so someone said to me recently).

I thought about what this person said and realized that yes, I could probably be upset if I wanted to be. After all, I do have the experience to do a lot of good work if I was assigned to the other office. But you know what? I prefer what I do now.

As glamorous as one job is, the importance of the other can't be disregarded. I have all the responsibilities that I enjoy - maturing and mentoring new airmen - and very, very few responsibilities that I loathe. I'd rather sit with airmen that are as green as their flight suits and teach them things that will help keep our country safe than jockey for position in a race meant for others. A race that to me is worse than pointless.

So, off to work I go. The Lord Christ is good to me...much better than I deserve. He's helped me deal with the crap that is in constant circulation at work and even shown me how things are much better than I wanted to see. He's even given me the woman of my dreams. :) Wow. What a blessing to know Him.

No comments: