Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Near the Impossible

Well now, it sure has been a while since I've blogged. I'm not sure the people that used to read this even check it anymore. Can't say a I blame them...if it wasn't for a nudge from Holly I doubt I'd have written anyway. Thanks lady! You have no idea how that gentle reminder avalanched into something so big.

These days my entire life is being turned upside down. Truthfully, I wouldn't have it any other way, either!

In a couple of months I'll be getting married to the most beautiful woman that has ever graced the surface of this earth. There is so much I need to learn to treat this princess like she deserves. I thought I had a handle on the whole chivarly thing, and the love thing, and respect thing, but God has shown me that I have so much to learn! I swear, that woman loves me so much and so well that I don't know how to begin to respond a lot of times. She's amazing.

Life at work is improving. My duties are the same, but I have a very definite time frame for it ending. That helps. So does the notion that I'm working where the Lord wants me to work, regardless of whether or not I necessarily enjoy it all the time.

Reformed Theology (aka TULIP and all that) is no longer the beast I once thought it was. As time progresses and I read and listen to more about it, the more sense it makes. I'm not trying to brainwash myself into believing it...but really...it answers questions that I haven't been able to answer in a long, long time.

Got to go for now...God bless!

3 comments:

Jerimiah said...

Congratulations Dan, I am glad to hear you have come through the desert and are headed to a promised land.

Dan said...

Thanks! :)

Holly said...

I agree with Jeremiah, and I'm glad I "nudged" you into an avalanche of loving your friends again by actually writing stuff! KEEP IT COMING!